Prepare Your Roof For Winter with a Fall Roof Inspection
- Shingles- Check for damaged shingles if you have asphalt shingle roofs. They may buckle, blister, or curl, which needs to be fixed before further damage is done.
- Ceilings- Look inside your home for any stained or discolored ceilings. This could indicate a water leak. You can then check the roof to see if you can see the issue there.
- Energy- Any wear and tear in your roof can leak heating and air, which costs you money over time. They need to be reinsulated. Roofing contractors can help out with this.
- Gutters- Make sure nothing is clogged in your gutters. Fall weather of course leads to a lot of leaves clogging up gutters, which can be dangerous to the gutters and the roof.
- Flashing- Make sure that nothing is cracked, has missing caulk, or rust spots. It will cause leaks inside your home. The most common ice damage issue happens due to collapsed gutters.